Random Posts

Wednesday, October 16, 2024

ChessOK Aquarium 2024

 
    
In a recent post I mentioned that I have Aquarium 2020 on my laptop and received an e-mail from a reader asking about the Aquarium program. The newest version is Aquarium 2024 which sells for the very reasonable price of about $50.
    There is a brief review of Aquarium 2022 in Youtube HERE which gives a goo idea of the main features of the progrm. The reviewer mentions that there had not been any real improvement to the new program that he was reviewing. I suspect the same holds true for the 2024 edition! 
    Aquarium 2024 is an analysis program featuring their Interactive Deep Analysis (IdeA). There’s a good video on Youtube that explains what IdeA is HERE. It’s ten years old, but probably nothing has changed. 
    The one thing that I like about Aquarium is the graphics...I really like their board. In fact, with a little copying I was able to save the white and black squares and using the User Design option in Fritz 17 I was able to duplicate the Aquarium board. Unfortunately, that option is not available on Fritz 19. 
 
 
    The bottom line...in my opinion Aquarium is an excellent program and for $50 you can’t go wrong if you want an analysis (and publishing) program. My preference is for Fritz, but that’s because I am a long, long time user...since about 2009 when I found the CD at the long defunct Office Max for $20 which was half what it was selling for by mail order.

No comments:

Post a Comment