Random Posts

Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Zukertort

    The other day I was thumbing through my old copy of Horowitz’ Golden Treasury of Chess when I chanced to stop at a game in which Zukertort mated Adolf Anderssen in 12 moves and it got me to thinking, how much do I know about Zukertort? The answer was almost nothing.
      He was quite a colorful character and as far as I know there isn’t a book of his best games. One of the best articles on him is one written by a Chess,com member last year titled Johannes Zukertort, the shady figure of the 19th century chess…READ MORE

1 comment:

  1. There are several books on Zukertort. Two examples, there might be more, are: Jimmy Adams wrote Johannes Zukertort artist of the chessboard, Czezary Domansky and Tomasz Lissowsky wrote Der Grossmeister aus Lublin.

    ReplyDelete