Random Posts

Saturday, February 9, 2019

Good Online Site – Play In Real Time

     Last week I stumbled upon a site which I had never seen before, Chess Any Time.  You can play anonymously or you can sign up for free. By registering, you will have access to a rating and free puzzles in "Practice" mode. You can also play against a computer. 
     Membership is: by the month ($5.00), 6 months ($19.00), annually ($29.00) or for two years ($49.00). Membership offers unlimited live play, game storage, analysis, statistics and tournament play. They also offer special rate for tactics training. The interface is also very nice. 
     If you play as a guest you can create a game at your preferred time limit or you can accept a challenge. I played a few games there and was pleasantly surprised at the strength of the opposition. 
I disconnect in lost positions
     I lost a couple of games which of course does not necessarily mean the opposition was strong, but it was challenging. As an example of what you can expect, here’s one of my “better” games played at a time limit of G10.  It's a good site if you want a couple of quick games.   
     As happens on any site, a couple of losers disconnected when they got lost positions.  I don't understand why people do that.  Resigning a chess game does not make you a loser, disconnecting does.



No comments:

Post a Comment