Random Posts

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

What Famous Player are You Most Like?

Chessplayer Personality Selector

     Have you ever wondered what famous chess player you most resemble? Of course you have. So here’s a test that will tell you. My result says I am most like Botvinnik and that was no surprise!
     One of the first chess books I ever had and one of two that I can honestly say got thoroughly read was Botvinnik’s 100 Selected Games. The second was like it, Reshevsky’s Best Games; I wore the cover off both books; they were the only ones that ever got that much use. 
 
Botvinnik 100%
Deep Blue 89%
Morphy 89%
Steinitz 81%
Spassky 77%
Karpov 66%
Kramnik 66%
Kasparov 58%
Short 54%
Nimzovich 43%
Capablanca 39%
Alekhine 39%
Tahl 27%
Fischer 27%
Lasker 24%
Anand 0%

1 comment:

  1. Interesting, I guess. Mine were:
    Nigel Short (100%)
    Paul Morphy (83%)
    Boris Spassky (65%)
    Mikhail Tal (59%)
    Anatoly Karpov (42%)
    Aron Nimzowitch (42%)
    Vladimir Kramnik (42%)
    William Steinitz (42%)
    Alexander Alekhine (36%)
    Garry Kasparov (36%)
    Mikhail Botvinnik (30%)
    Emmanuel Lasker (18%)
    Deep Blue the Supercomputer (0%)
    Jose Capablanca (0%)
    Robert Fischer (0%)
    Viswanathan Anand (0%)
    Now, if only my chess were like any of them. :-(

    ReplyDelete