Random Posts

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Endgame Practice

While on the website Chess Videos TV yesterday I noticed they have several “Chess Tools” like diagram generators, endgame simulator, visualization training, etc. that are worth checking out. For example, under the endgame simulator they have linked to the Crafty engine so you can play versus the computer in different situations right from your browser. I have to admit the following position gave me fits.



There are actually many solutions but I’ve just listed the line that gave me the most difficulty. For more solutions you can consult the Shredder Endgame Database on the right.

Highlight for one line:
    1.Bd7 h2 2.Bc6+ Kg1 3.Bh1 Kh1 4.Kf2 Nf5 5.Kf1 draws because Black can’t force White to let his K out of the corner. It took some time before I realized the theme and that White could sac his B.

No comments:

Post a Comment