Random Posts

Friday, August 29, 2014

Difficult Win

     In the following game I did something I have almost never done…accepted the King’s Gambit. I left my engine book at move 11 in favor of an engine recommended move which I later discovered had been previously played in a Lechenicher SchachServer game. But then at move 13 I found an improvement in that game. 
     During the course of the game I used several different engines (Stockfish, Houdini, Critter and Komodo) and things were not as easy as you might think. More often than not they recommended different moves and gave conflicting evaluations so a lot of effort had to go into analyzing the long term effects of different moves, especially in the ending. As a result, the game turned out to be quite challenging since there were very few times when one move stood out as being clearly the best. This often necessitated analyzing many variations deep into the ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment