Random Posts

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Fun Blitz Game

When I played 5.Bxf7+ in this game the idea was just to have some fun and see if my opponent was any good at defending.  After the game I let Houdini ponder the situation and as it turns out, the move was neither better nor worse than alternatives.  The game quickly developed into a razor sharp position where we both had moments where we played quite well and moments where we made some bad moves.  Fortunately for me in the final position Black used most of his remaining time trying to figure out what to do against my threatened R invasion.  Even though it was as plain as the nose on your face, he somehow managed to overlook the obvious 34…Bd4 blocking the d-file. I thought it was odd because it had been sitting on that square just the move before. In the heat of battle, who knows what we’ll do?

No comments:

Post a Comment