Random Posts

Saturday, April 29, 2023

Is Correspondence Chess Dead?

     I came across this interesting article on Linkedin the other day and thought I’d share it. 
     Once upon a time I was an avid postal player and later online, but when engines hit the Master level, as only an Expert I could no longer compete. Personally, I disagree with the author and correspondence chess no longer holds any interest for me.
     When it comes to chess, those who can, play; those who can’t, coach; those who can do neither blog.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting. Just a few days ago another former correspondence chess player published this article and he got a lot of reactions, also on this page: (Warning: Dutch Language):
    http://schaken-brabo.blogspot.com/2023/04/correspondentieschaak-is-dood.html

    ReplyDelete